Friday, January 30, 2009

What to do with religious literature

The other day, I ate lunch at Apollo Burgers, my favorite burger place in the Salt Lake valley. When I went to use the restroom just before leaving, I saw that someone had left a bunch of Jehovah's Witness literature in the restroom. There was one copy of the Watchtower in English, and three copies of what looked like "Awake!" in Spanish, sitting on the toilet tank and draped over the handrail. I thought about throwing them out, but I'm generally a "leave it as you found it" kind of person, so I just left them. I'm curious, what would you have done?

2 comments:

Craig said...

I think I probably would have thrown them out - same if they had been literature from almost any religion or cult - though if it had been literature from say a UU congregation, I probably would have left it alone.

Adam Lowe said...

Apollo Burgers is my favorite thing about visiting Utah.